Southern Searsucker/Seersucker Apron

 


Who among you like searsucker or seersucker fabric? I personally do. It is a crisp cotton fabric that seems to say, "Use me in anything to wear in warm weather". When I think of Spring and Summer here in the South that is always on my mind!

Today's apron is made from some of this fabulous fabric and I like it!




Shown here on a warm summer's day at Hibiscus House




My old Mannequin is from a retail store I worked with.
It is a size 8 the size I was at the time.
This apron is a One Size Fits Most
It does run the sizes pretty well 

The view from behind





We are really enjoying it! I don't regret having it painted in the color, as you know if you follow.

A close-up view of the bodice/bib
The crisp fabric and premium cotton/poly trims are as nice as can be found
The Searsucker is a premium cotton





Look at the pretty lined pocket with rick rack trim
If that doesn't say vintage pattern I don't know what would
This is a Cora 2 pattern which is an adaptation of my grandmother/great grandmother's pattern
The original pattern is well over one hundred years old!
I know they would be smiling yet humbled by me using their patterns.
I adjusted this bib to be wider for more coverage.




Side View



Beautiful 'Southern Searsucker'




Material

Cotton

Description

One Size Fits Most

One-Of-A-Kind no other will be sold in this fabric. It is a great utility apron.

This full apron is made from premium cotton seersucker fabric. Trims/notions premium cotton or cotton/polyester.

This is a Cora 2 wider bib apron version of the original Cora Heirloom family pattern. The original pattern has been in my family for over one hundred years. I have one of my great grandmother's aprons to this day.

Care: Machine wash and dry on low remove promptly hang or fold.

I hope you enjoy your creation for years to come.


This can be found:







I'll leave you with a video about the fabric, hey may have started and still in our area be for men's suits we ladies like the fabric too



I hope you're enjoying the Cora 2 Aprons

I'll be posting until up and then I'll be sewing again

I'm excited to make some different aprons as I have many patterns vintage, retro, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.