Showing Underwear!


6 pairs of briefs and a recording.
You could choose a record by Eddie Fisher, Elvis Presley or Perry Como.
I missed that but it must have been fun.  I actually would love to find this in an antique store.




Today I share just random pictures found on the internet.

Panties by the box.
Pretty cool and I remember relatives that used to buy them that way!


Tampon Panty
I don't remember this one for sure, and I happen to be old enough to remember when tampons were first made.  Actually before because as a young teen I tried products out through the mail before they mass produced.  Yes I did that.  I can also remember at that time lady's saying "No, you can't wear those things you will lose your...(virginity)..shhh...Oh my goodness how times have changed.


Imagine the raciness of these little numbers
Perma Lift...for your brassieres...see that word?  Brassiere, do you know that is what they were called?



The "Swingy Bikini" and Shameless..see through Brassiere! (Bet that was a shocker).
You'll dream you're wearing your swingy pearls when you're wearing your swingy bikini!
Wow Swingy is the key word!
I wonder if they gave away a string of swingy pearls with your swingy bikini?



Check this out The Nipple Bra
I came from the burn your bra era the late 60s and 70s so we had our own shhh (nipples) showing.
I guess if you wanted to wear a bra and have the bra less look this is what you would wear.



Spun-lo
"I can stretch a Shrinking Budget, I've a decorators touch.  The draperies I make myself cost little...add so much"! "And when it comes to undies I'm a penny stretcher too.  I look for the Spun-lo label, really nothing else will do"!
Let's see so she makes her own curtains and is a penny stretcher hmmmmm Spun-lo must have been the bargain brand panties...
I was wondering about the connection between curtains and underwear....guess that explains it...


self explanatory



Guess this one is self explanatory!




Chart for underwear now
(missing the string bikini)




LETS GO BACK IN TIME A LITTLE FURTHER
1908 as shown in 1920 photograph
Can you imagine how hot, tight and heavy this must have been?



1927
What the Modern Women were wearing!



I can't leave the men out, well can I?
1915 
Showing their long underwear off!



 Oh my goodness!



I'll end with Marilyn

You can go find your own Victoria's Secret Catalog if you want to see more underwear!










4 comments:

  1. LOL - fun post Dolly . Enjoy your holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I will and hope you do too! I can't wait to see what you're up to next!

      Delete
  2. I told my granddaughter I needed the 1908 underwear! She didn't believe that you would possibly wear that much as underwear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know could you imagine? Not me and I'm glad we didn't have to go through all of that.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.