What a Fine Mess!

 Sewing cabinet that I got from a local magazine publisher!  It was for an office but it sure is handy for storing fabrics, patterns and some notions!

Today I'm going to go the opposite direction that blogs usually go in.  Yes, that's right!  I've decided to show the actual bad side of things.  You know the things that are often hidden from the public.  My new stance is to show The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!  Ugh....come on in the sewing room....

What does the inside of this cabinet look like, you may ask?  I'll show you the fabric that is in total chaos.  This from hurriedly pulling and fabric matching for projects.....(buying new fabrics throwing them in cabinet doesn't help matters either!)

First two pics inside cabinet.... ..Last photo mess of patterns that I've sorted.  They need a home!


Another look at fabric in disarray!  I need to remedy this!


Yes it is! Picture #1 Mail, aprons
Top Right #2 Comforter I'm one day make something out of and a great piece of ticking I found at a local antique store.  It is washed and ready to be made into something great!  Bottom Right #3 is an assortment of craft/sewing books, decorator fabric, trims, and they need a new home!

We are busy planting a vegetable garden at the moment so cleaning will be a little at the time for this room.  What are you doing now?  Until next time I'll post a few crafting videos for your entertainment.

Today's Video
7 Ways to Attach/Use Elastic


8 comments:

  1. That cabinet is gorgeous and I love all the fabric. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim,
      I loved that cabinet from the first time I saw it on a local for sale site. It holds quite a lot...but you know how I like to buy ....Thank you! I framed the pictures to make them look a little better...Look at those patterns strewn on the floor...I must find a filing cabinet to hold them all...because you know how I like the patterns!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry Dolly, a little mess is perhaps inspirational? Love your cabinet...I need one of those in every room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hetty,
      You always know what to say to make me feel better! Thank you and I hope you find some for your items too...I need to slow down on the supply shopping...(lol)

      Delete
  3. Your mess still looks better then mine. I have bags of fabric just setting against the wall. Plus piles on top of the dress in my quilt room. The room is small so I don't have a lot of room for storage. The closet hods all my daughters stuff from when she moved out. As soon as I can get her to come get her stuff I will have Rick make me shelves. That should help some with the mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle, we all share some of the same things! I love it. Probably when we get it just where it is so organized we'll lose interest! (lol) I hope not!

      Delete
  4. Oh MAN, I really need something like this!! You have no idea. My fabric and patterns are a terrible mess stuffed in boxes in my garage! Ugh! I need to keep my eye out for something similar to what you have!

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a Sustainable Blogger link up site, and just thought I would stop by and say hi, to connect with like minded bloggers! It would totally make my day if you stopped by my blog sometime, or better yet - keep in touch! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gingi!
      I love your blog already and you are so cute! I hope you find your storage solution...I definitely need more storage and to stop shopping so much! (lol) Good to hear from you!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.