Sewing

My simple tag.  Do you use a tag?

What are the most important things you use in your sewing?
Sewing Notions and Tools?

Mine are:
 
My all time favorite sewing machine! Of course.

Love it! Sewing way into the night as you can tell it is pretty dark here.
Husqvarna Viking what would I do without you?

One of the most important things to have in the sewing room!
Nothing and I do mean nothing looks good if not pressed!
Every seam, press!
I've known people that sew and never use an iron.
I mean the garment would have the fold still in the front of it.
Why waste your time sewing and not press?
Do you love a clean, crisp, pressed item?
I sure do!

Sewing tools what would we do without them?
I love the two items pictured above!

(I apologize for the poor quality of photos on this post)
I have to cover my glass table top with old vinyl cloth to cut on.
 Cutting mats, ruler, yard stick pictured above all very useful items.

 tape measure
  the list goes on and on.

 http://www2.fiskars.com/var/fiskars_amer/storage/images/frontpage2/sewing-quilting/products/rotary-cutters-and-blades/classic-stick-rotary-cutter-45-mm/15461-9-eng-US/Classic-Stick-Rotary-Cutter-45-mm_width306.jpg
  rotary cutter


Most important thing is a great pair of scissors!
I still have my first home economics silver scissors like the ones pictures in the top left of photo above. Wow they are 47 years old now!

Another very important detail is to plan.  That's right think about your project.
Plan everything...and all will work out just fine.
Now get to sewing!

The projects in this post are from Sewing for Sara
Making Pillows Part one:  Here

Next up Bathroom Valance



MaryJanesFarm
Dolly on www.GirlGab.com asks:
"What are the most important things you use in your sewing?"

We thought it was a good question so please tell us!

5 comments:

  1. I have been working on two quilts for Christmas, Hopefully they will be done in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll bet they are so pretty. I hope you get them finished you are one busy lady. I hope you post them so we can see them.

      Delete
  2. I have always felt that the iron was the most important (or one of the most important) tools you would need. I can't imagine sewing without one! I also love my gingher scissors. I just finished a little curtain for my bathroom and look forward to seeing your valance. I hope you'll share it with us at the HomeAcre Hop. Thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too Jenny! Thank you for the invitation I love the HomeAcre Hop!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for hosting such a great Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.