Bloggers Make The Best Friends!


I'd like for you to meet Kathy.  She is such a very nice person and so talented.  Not long ago I received a surprise package from this lovely friend and her husband Tom I'd like to share it's contents with you now...




This is Taylor and Tom, Kathy's husband.   I knew Kathy had many talents but did not know how talented Tom was.


Seam Ripper, Fat Quarters and even a handmade card

What a beautiful assortment of fabric!  My Grandmama Cora would have loved these sweet calicos.  She loved them so and passed that love on to me.   I can't wait to make something from them! The planning and looking will be the most fun of all.   I think I'll name whatever I make Kathy of course.  I love the feel of fabric.  Gifts such as these are like giving a child candy!  Love them!





Kathy had Tom to make me a fantastic seam ripper!  I can tell you it is the finest I've ever owned and I know I'll get good use out of it!  Look at the fine detail.  I wish you could hold it in your hand it is made with expert workmanship!

I thought at first, "Oh my I mustn't use this it is too nice."  That's how I do in a hoarding kind of way I have saved nice things such as this for whatever reason.  To collect dust maybe, well I'm changing my mindset and using things that have been sitting around for show.  This item will be used and used plenty if I know me and how I sew!






Yes, bloggers make the best friends!  I'm so glad to have met Kathy online anyway and would love to meet her in person one day.  I think bloggers/writers share so much of themselves more than others know.  They put their whole heart into everything they do.  Yes they/we do.  

Thank you Kathy and Tom for such lovely gifts and I hope to share what I make and rip (lol) to you at a later date!

You can find Kathy over at her blog:  Moving On To The Past.....Don't you love that name?  I sure do!


Sharing with
Our Simple Homestead Hop

2 comments:

  1. That's the prettiest seam ripper I've ever seen. And the fabric is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim, It is I agree! I can't wait to use it...(well I hate to rip but it will be nice to have this beauty to do the job). I'll let you know what I make with the pretty fabric.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.