Carly's Llama Lampshade Apron


Look at these fabrics!  Don't you just love them?  I do the Llama Love Fabric from Monaluna Organic is so adorable!  I wish I could take the credit for putting these fabrics together in the making of this apron, but I can't!  Carly chose and I love the combination!  The combination has a vibrant, youthful and energetic look to it!  I love how it turned out and have to admit that I would not have chosen to put this combination together along with three different trims...well click read more to see more...
She had a favorite apron that she had and wanted me to make another like it in these prints.  We went to work on this apron pattern and choosing fabrics.
The yellow with numbers is called Anna Griffin from Windham Fabrics.  The floral I cut off without looking but it and all are premium fabrics.
 She chose this fabric for the bodice and pattern turned up and down. the pale yellow jumbo rick rack, and the greyish tan bias trim for the neckline.


The numbers fabric Anna Griffin was used for the waistband and ties




This whimsical pattern was chosen for the skirt.


Ruffle from floral pattern and running horizontally


The pale blue rick rack was chosen to decorate where the ruffle joins the skirt.  This shows how the ruffle pattern was added to the apron.  Bodice up and down/Ruffle horizontally
I like that she did that to give it even more interest.










I really like this!  Carly did a good job choosing and I had fun sewing this apron. 


Until next time,



3 comments:

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.